Tuesday, March 15, 2011

More Tiger Eye

I finally had a chance to clean up the 8'6" Tiger Eye from my previous post a bit and take a couple more pictures. I also took the rod over to the park for some test casts. I found it very smooth and comfortable to cast with a 6WF line. Casting out to 45 to 50 feet was a breeze. I've got a new 5wt line (still on the spool) that I'll try out someday as well. My only real problem with this rod is how/when to use it. I'm having trouble seeing myself using this on the small streams I like to fish. A 2wt or 3wt rod is all I've used in the last 2-1/2 years.  Let me tell you, this rod is really heavy by comparison!

I hope you like the pictures ...


2 comments:

Nyra said...

Another beautiful work of art. Way to go Jon, impressive

David said...

Nicely done! Now that the weather has cleared up a little I'll have to break out my old rod and give the local streams and lakes a try.